We may collect, use, store and transfer different kinds of personal data about you. We have collated these into groups as follows:
- Your identity includes information such as first name, last name, title, date of birth, and other identifiers that you may have provided at some time.
- Your contact information includes information such as country, state/county or town and any other information you have given to us for the purpose of communication or meeting.
- Technical data includes you internet protocol (IP) address, browser type and version, time zone setting and location, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform and other technology on the devices you use to access this website.
- Your profile includes information such as your username and password, your interests, preferences, feedback and possible survey responses.
Other Personal Information We May Store:
Special personal information is data about your race or ethnicity, religious or philosophical beliefs, sex life, sexual orientation, political opinions, information about your health (mental) pertaining to any conversations you may have while in the process of using Crazy Chums.
The law requires us to determine under which defined bases we process different categories of your personal information, and to notify you of the basis for each category. If a basis on which we process your personal information is no longer relevant then we shall immediately stop processing your data. If the basis changes then if required by law we shall notify you of the change and of any new basis under which we have determined that we can continue to process your information.
In order to carry out our obligations under that contract we must process the information you give us. Some of this information may be personal information.
We may use it in order to:
- Verify your identity for security purposes
- Provide you with our services i.e. our social network
- We process this information on the basis there is a contract between us, or that you have requested we use the information before we enter into a legal contract. We shall continue to process this information until the contract between us ends or is terminated by either party under the terms of the contract
Through certain actions when otherwise there is no contractual relationship between us, such as when you browse our website or ask us to provide you more information about our social network. You provide your consent to us in signing up or we process information that may be personal in nature to you.
- You may withdraw your consent at any time, however if you do so you may not be able to use our website or our services further.
We may process information on the basis there is a legitimate interest, either to you or to us, of doing so. Where we process your information on this basis, we do after having given careful consideration to:
- Whether processing (or not processing) might cause you harm
- Whether you would expect us to process your data, and whether you would, in the round, consider it reasonable to do so
For example, we may process your data on this basis for the purposes of:
- Record-keeping for the proper and necessary administration of our [social network]
- Responding to unsolicited communication from you to which we believe you would expect a response
- Protecting and asserting the legal rights of any party
- Protecting your interests where we believe we have a duty to do so
Retention Period For Personal Data:
Except as otherwise mentioned in this privacy notice, we keep your personal information only for as long as required by us:
- To provide you with the services you have requested;
- To comply with other law
Cookies are small text files that are placed on your computer’s hard drive by your web browser when you visit any website. They allow information gathered on one web page to be stored until it is needed for use on another, allowing a website to provide you with a personalised experience and the website owner with statistics about how you use the website so that it can be improved. Some cookies may last for a defined period of time, such as one day or until you close your browser, others last indefinitely. Your web browser should allow you to delete any you choose.
Personal Identifiers From Your Browsing Activity:
- We may record information such as your geographical location, your Internet service provider and your IP address. We also record information about the software you are using to browse our website, such as the type of computer or device and the screen resolution.
- We may use this information in aggregate to assess the popularity of the webpages on our website and how we perform in providing content to you. If combined with other information we know about you from previous visits, the data possibly could be used to identify you personally, even if you are not signed in to our website.
Information Shared With Third Parties:
Our website allows you to post information with a view to that information being read, copied, downloaded, or used by other people.
- Posting a message to our forum, activity feed or in our chatroom
- Clicking on an icon next to another visitor’s message to convey your agreement, disagreement or thanks
In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it. In posting personal information, it is up to you to satisfy yourself about the privacy level of every person who might use it. We do not specifically use this information except to allow it to be displayed or shared. We do store it, and we reserve the right to use it in the future in any way we decide. Once your information enters the public domain, we have no control over what any individual third party may do with it. We accept no responsibility for their actions at any time. Provided your request is reasonable and there is no legal basis for us to retain it, then at our discretion we may agree to your request to delete personal information that you have posted. You can make a request by contacting us at [email protected] or https://crazy-chums.com/contact
We collect your Fackbook, Twitter or Google public profile data only from your consent that you grant in the process of joining our social network, via any of the above. This data may include your first name, last name, email address, link to your social media profile, unique identifier, link to social profile avatar. This data maybe used to create your user profile at our website if registering and or logging in as a new user and thereafter. You can revoke this consent at any time by request.
Examples of Possible Third Party Participation:
- Registering and or logging in via the above
- Commenting on blog posts and pages
- Liking posts and pages on our site
We use Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) certificates and Cloudflare a CDN to verify our identity to your browser and to encrypt any data you give us. Whenever information is transferred you can check that it’s done so using SSL by looking for a closed padlock symbol or other trust mark in your browser’s URL bar or toolbar.
We endeavour to keep all and any information or site traffic between us secure. Such as that from using our private messaging, whether that be between you and a friend or I. If you feel in anyway this maybe not the case then please don’t hesitate to contact us at the earliest convenience.
Crazy Chums is intended for those 18 and over, we go to great lengths in ensuring any member that joins our social network will be of appropriate age. We collect data from all site users regardless and yes anticipate that some of those that do visit may well be children. Such visitations will be subject to whatever on-site material they find.
We cannot be made accountable for the use of our site by such minors, where adult conversations are concerned, can be easily digested.
Such as Those Concerning:
- Sexual orientation
- Sexual preferences
- TV shows and Movies that feature adult material
- Discussions on the use of recreational drugs
When you contact us, whether by through our website or by e-mail, we collect the data you have given in order to reply with the information you need. We keep personally identifiable information associated with your message, such as your name and email address so as to track our communications to provide a high quality service.
Ways to Contact Us:
Access To Your Personal Information And It’s Removal:
At any time you may review or update personally identifiable information that we hold about you, by signing into your account on our website. To obtain a copy of any information that is not provided on our website you should contact us to make that request. After receiving the request, we will tell you when we expect to provide you with the information.
If you wish us to remove personally identifiable information from our website, you should contact us to make your request. This may limit the service we can provide to you. When we receive any request to access, edit or delete personal identifiable information we shall first take reasonable steps to verify your identity before granting you access or otherwise taking any action. This is important to safeguard your information.
Complaints Regarding Content or Persons On Our Website:
Our website is a publishing medium. Anyone may register and then publish information about himself/herself any other person or subject. We attempt to moderate user generated content, but we are not always able to do so as soon as that content is published.
If you file a complaint about any of the content you see on our website, we shall endeavour to investigate soon as humanly possible. If we feel it is justified or if we believe the law requires us to do so, we shall remove the in question content during the investigation.
Free speech is a fundamental right, so we have to make a judgement as to whose right will be obstructed: yours, or that of the person who posted the content that offends you. If we think your complaint is vexatious or without any basis, we reserve the right not to correspond further.
When we receive a complaint, we record all the information given, we use that information to resolve your complaint. If it requires us to do so we may contact the recipient who this complaint corresponds to. That process may involve giving information contained in your complaint, we do this as infrequently as possible. This is a matter for our sole discretion as to whether we do and if we do, what that information entails.
If a dispute is not settled then we hope you’ll agree it’s in the best interests of all those concerned, to resolve it by engaging in good faith in a process of mediation or arbitration.
If you are in any way dissatisfied about how we process your personal information, you have a right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO). See here for further information https://ico.org.uk/make-a-complaint/. We would, however, appreciate the opportunity to talk to you about your concern before you approach the ICO.